Category Archives: Community

I am pleased to support the MS Ignite as an ATE (Ask The Experts)

Short note, I am pleased to announce that I support some Microsoft Ignite sessions as an ATE (Ask the Experts). Which this means? I support the Product Team in the Live sessions with answer additional questions. There are many possibilities to get in touch with the Microsoft Product owner of each service, so view the Session scheduler and join relevant sessions to ask the Product owner about services, features, possibilities and more.

I will support the following sessions:

Ask the Expert: disk storage, core compute and networking on Tuesday

Septemper 22 | 9:15 PM – 9:45 PM CEST

Ask the Expert: Be prepared for what´s next: kick start your cloud journey with Azure Migrate Program

September 23 | 10:45 PM – 11:15 PM CEST

My upcoming Community engagements in 2nd half of 2020

These times are challenging and I hope everyone is safe and healthy. Normally we have a lot of in person community conference, but actually we move a lot of this community meetings to online meetings. The good thing is we have more time for our family and need lees time for driving and so on.

In the 2nd half of 2020 I have the honor to speak at the following events:

Azure Bonn Meetup

Our Azure Bonn Meetup is also running as an virtual event and we have planned some exiting topics:

Are you interested in holding a session at our Azure Bonn Meetup – that sounds great. Please use the Microsoft form to let us know about you and your session and we look forward to welcoming you. Session language can be German or English 🙂

Virtual Cloud Identity Summit 2020

And finally the virtual Cloud Identity Summit 2020. This is our first event and we will focus only on Cloud Identity topics. This idea came up from Thomas Naunheim and we are really happy to realize this conference. The first speakers with great topics are announced and there coming more. Did you interested in how to secure your Cloud Identitys – this conference is a must see.

Microsoft MVP for Azure 2020-2021

Yesterday was beginning of the new fiscal year for Microsoft and the renewal day for all MVPs from the last year. I´m very happy to announce that I received my 2nd MVP award in the category Microsoft Azure 🙂

I feel so honored to have received my 2nd award and now I am really sure that the first time was no mistake. It is a honor to work for the community, to discuss and learn from and with the community. I hope to share additional good things and hints in the next year for Microsoft Azure. Please feel free to reach for questions or ideas to some Azure topics. Hope to see you soon in person.

I would like to thank my wife Jessica for her great support, my best buddies Eric, Marcel and Thomas for their constant support. And finally, thanks the community and Microsoft for this great award.

Speaking at the ESPC AzureWeek about Azure Policy with Azure Security Center

This is a challenging time for everyone and I hope you are well. Many community conferences cancelled or moved to an online event. The online events give the oppurtunity to learn and discuss in an different way. The European Sharepoint Conference (ESPC) Team has announced the Azure Week between 25.05. – 29.05.20 as a webinar week.

The Azure Week has an great lineup with very useful sessions. Thomas Maurer open the week with a session about Modern Azure Cloud operations for IT Ops and I have the pleasure to close the week with a session about Azure Policy with Azure Security Center.

In this session we will dive into the many aspects of Azure Policy and Azure Security Center and see how they work together.

Continue reading Speaking at the ESPC AzureWeek about Azure Policy with Azure Security Center

Global Azure Virtual 2020 is close including two sessions from me

Time has changed, and the actual situation around the globe has shifted many personally events to virtual events. Global Azure (formerly known as Global Azure Bootcamp) has also transformed the personally meetings around the globe into purely virtual events. This has prompted many community organizers to make their events virtual. The Global Azure Team decided to make an own global virtual event around the globe with a dedicated call for speakers. This has led to the beautiful result that now several global azure events are taking place simultaneously. Some are organized by local organizers and one event is organized by the Global Azure Team. This results in three Azure days of Azure sessions (Thursday to Saturday) around the globe with an awesome agenda, where you can pick the sessions that suit you perfectly 🙂

Continue reading Global Azure Virtual 2020 is close including two sessions from me

Upcoming Community conferences in the 1st Half of 2020

One of the great things about IT is that you learn something new every day, discuss new solutions or possibilities with other people and have a wide range of options. And there are many conferences throughout the year that you can use to expand your network and learn from other people how to implement and use the various services. I enjoy attending conferences, discussing solutions with the participants, learning from the participants and sharing my knowledge about the services.

In the first half of 2020 there are so many conferences right now announced. I think this is a good point to share a list of all upcoming conferences. This is a list of conferences from all about Europe that I know about. Some are free, some of this need a small fee to cover all the related thinks, like catering, drinks and so one. Take a look of the upcoming conferences and identify some in an area near you, register and grow your network.

Continue reading Upcoming Community conferences in the 1st Half of 2020

Bye Bye Windows Server 2008R2 It was a good time – Get Extended Support and think about a change

Today Windows Server 2008 (R2) / Windows 7 reaches her End of Live (14.01.20) date and doesn`t receive Security updates anymore.

I think it was a great time with Windows Server 2008. WS2008 launched Hyper-V, one of the most powerful hypervisor on the market and the foundation of today’s Azure infrastructure. With WS2008, the first version of the Server Manager, the pre-release version of Windows Admin Center, was released.

In this article, I will list some of your options to get extended support for available Windows Server 2008 (R2) – but I prefer to discuss new solutions to replace the outdated infrastructure. Use this date to consider a change to move your infrastructure to the same flexible and scalable environment you had when Windows Server 2008 was introduced.

I know the time is to short to demote the existing Windows Server 2008 R2 and migrate the workloads to a newer operating system. But now it’s time to modernize your landscape. See which solutions Microsoft offer to extend the time or to renew the infrastructure.

Continue reading Bye Bye Windows Server 2008R2 It was a good time – Get Extended Support and think about a change

Rückblick 2019 + Ausblick 2020

Das Jahr 2019 neigt sich dem Ende und damit ein ereignisreiches, vielfältiges und spannendes Jahrzehnt. Viele von uns genießen die Weihnachtsferien im Kreise der Familie und bereiten bereits die Silversterparty vor. 2019 war schon ein tolles und vielseitiges Jahr und das sowohl aus beruflicher und privater Sicht. In diesem Artikel möchte ich einen kleinen Rückblick auf 2019 geben und gleichzeitig einen Ausblick auf 2020 wagen 😉

Persönliches

MVP Summit 2019 Logo Foto
MVP Summit 2019 Logo Foto

2019 war aus persönlicher Sicht ein spannendes Jahr. Im März durfte ich zum ersten Mal am Microsoft MVP Summit in Redmond teilnehmen. Es war ein unvergessliches Erlebnis, so viele Menschen mit der gleichen Leidenschaft zu treffen und kennen zulernen. Viel Austausch und Fachsimpeln. Eine Menge tolle Erlebnisse mit Community Kollegen gehabt, die im Laufe der Zeit zu Freunden wurden. Ich könnte hier so einige aufzählen, aber ich denke die meisten wissen sicherlich wenn ich meine 🙂

Continue reading Rückblick 2019 + Ausblick 2020

Azure Advent Calendar Session about Azure Bastion

Azure Advent Calender Azure Bastion session
Azure Advent Calender Azure Bastion session

Hi folks, we are in the end of the year and many advent calendars are running right now. One great idea came from Robert and Gregor, they founded the Azure Advent Calendar. A calendar with Azure session about different services. Every day will be released 3 sessions to different topics in Azure. There are many contents available now. So thanks Robert and Gregor for this great initiative.

I´m happy to contribute with a session about Azure Bastion. A secure way to access your Azure VMs without need for a Jump host or to bind a public IP-Address to a server.

Continue reading Azure Advent Calendar Session about Azure Bastion

Azure Saturday Cologne 2019 – Azure Bastion Slides

Gestern fand der erste Azure Saturday in Köln statt. Organisiert wurde dieser von Jennifer, Raphael und Martin und es war ein gelungener Auftakt. Eine tolle Orga und eine absolut hervoragende Location bei der Gothar sorgten für einen gelungene Veranstaltung. Dazu noch viele verschiedene Speaker und eine große Themenbandbreite, die für viel Austausch und Networking sorgten.

Am Nachmittag durfte ich mit zwei Sessions selbst einen kleinen Teil zum Azure Saturday Cologne beitragen.

Continue reading Azure Saturday Cologne 2019 – Azure Bastion Slides